In the rush of everyday life, and in wasting so much energy whinging about the negatives, we tend to forget to pause and appreciate the things that are 'right' in your life.
I had an epiphany today, driving to work (of all things!). I had woken up feeling the least exhausted I've felt throughout the week. For someone who relished in being able to sleep in, I actually almost charged up out of bed, full of energy, ready to face the day.
I then spent the fifteen minutes of putting make-up and jewellery on chatting and bantering with my husband, who was getting dressed to go to work. We laughed, we joked, we had a really good, utterly unusual, lively morning conversation.
And it hit me; even amidst the business of work and the mundane things of everyday life, I can honestly say that I'm well and truly happy; content; at peace with myself. I am reminded of a scene in Sex & The City movie (number 1), where Charlotte was asked when was the last time she felt happy in her relationship. And her answer was:
"Every day. Well, not all day every day, but yes, every day."
And so, this is where I am right now - happy. First and foremost with my relationship with my husband; something I cherish and appreciate every day.
Another aspect of my life I seriously can't complain about is my work. I feel honestly
blessed working with the bunch of people I work for, and with; there is a sense of camaraderie amongst us that put us all in a category a few levels above just work colleagues; there are challenges and diversity in my everyday work I could never complain that my work is dull as. And I wake up everyday, looking forward to go to work, loving every minute of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment