So here are some of the things I want to achieve in a nutshell this year.
1. I really want to repair and reconcile with my in-laws. As much as a lot of things have happened last year that has made me thrown the towel and feel absolutely bitter towards each and every single one of them, they are in essence the only family I have now and I don't want to lose them. A lot of work needs to go into this, and the biggest thing is to keep talking to my darling husband as when I cracked it last year, a big part of the meltdown also boiled down from the fact that I was the one 'trying' to be the perfect daughter-in-law and husband was just commending me of my efforts without actually pitching in himself.
2. I am going to try to be healthier; that means making home-made meals more often, and not only that, but ensuring that I make well-balanced meals. I want to make sure that I go back to eating smaller portions. I want to make sure I allocate some time to actually exercise, be it doing a 30-minute power-walk on my lunch break or biking after work. I am actually quite excited about the fact that I will have that much more time on my hands with the shorter commuting time to and from work. I am so looking forward to having my grocery shopping done on my lunch break (coz the nearest shopping centre is practically on my doorstep).
3. I need to constantly remind myself that writing is not the be all and end all; that there are times when having a break from it is actually a good idea. That reading is just as effective in unblocking your mind and gaining new sets of inspiration; that watching a DVD with your husband is not a crime; that you don't owe the characters anything; that the deadlines I set are my deadlines and not the publishers, and my life doesn't depend on it (YET!).
4. I want to finish my TESOL assignments and get the first TESOL certificate. I signed up for this 2 years ago, with the view of spending a year in Jakarta teaching English. Whilst that dream is no longer applicable, the set of skills I gain from completing the qualifications are, and it seems like a waste having it half-done.
5. I want to try get Eleanor I published. It doesn't mean I want the book published this year, but it means that even if I send out my query letters to agents and get fifty rejection letters back, I have made that step forward.
6. And lastly, I want this year to keep reconnecting with the friends I've made from last year and over the years; I want to make time for them - to see them and talk to them on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment