Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways...

I absolutely LOVE holidays. My mind has enough blank space in them to be filled with new wonders, the stretch of days with minimal amount of obligations allows me to rediscover certain things long buried in my subconscious, piled with stack loads of responsibilities, tasks, troubles, sorrows.

Another thing I absolutely love about holidays is the freedom I can have; the ability to stay well past midnight, writing vigorously when my mind is at its freshest and most alive; the luxury of being able to wake up when I feel like it, not dictated by the buzz of alarm clock telling me I HAVE TO get up otherwise I'd be late for work; the TV shows I can catch up with and the music I can blast without breaking anyone else's concentration; the riveting novel I can read without having to put down at certain time so that I could get enough sleep.

Perhaps the best part I love about holidays, is no matter how brief, it seems to unblock my mind, unleash the inspirations I never knew was within me all along, the serenity I feel when I put the river of words into paper, cramp fingers notwithstanding.

Ahh.... I LOVE holidays...!

No comments: